The Bob O'Connor Foundation Community Service Scholarship
This scholarship honors the commitment to community service that exemplified the life and legacy of the late Mayor Bob O’Connor.
5 awards of $1,000.00 each will be given to qualifying students.
The scholarship(s) are open to graduating seniors who are City of Pittsburgh residents who will be continuing their education in a vocational, technical, 4-year, or non-4-year college degree program.
Scholarships are open to all seniors who will graduate in 2017 and who have demonstrated a commitment to community service through volunteerism and the responsibility for others.
Qualifying students must:
- Complete an application form
- Complete the Service Statement Essay. Must be 3-5 pages, double-spaced using 12 font.
- Two letters of recommendation from someone who knows you well who understands your future goals and potential for success (not a family member)
- Application packets must be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked BOB O’CONNOR FOUNDATION SCHOLARSHIP and must be mailed by December 31th, 2016
Mail your application packet to:
Bob O’Connor Foundation
C/o Heidy O’Connor Garth
7623 Cheyenne Street
Pittsburgh Pa 15218
- BOCF reserves the right to change the number and/or the amount of each award, as well as to not award a scholarship if the applicants do not meet the criteria of the Selection Committee
- Financial need is not a consideration
- Children of the BOCF board members are not eligible for awards
- Applications become the property of the BOCF and may be used to promote the mission of the BOCF. Photos of winners may be used in publications, media for the BOCF
- The scholarship recipient must present proof of acceptance to a post high school program before payment can be made. The award will be paid directly to the recipient
Any additional questions or clarifications may be addressed to Heidy O’Connor Garth at email@example.com.